Ceroc Membership Benefits
Learn to dance and improve your lifestyle. Keep fit, meet new people, grow your confidence and have fun!
So why is Ceroc so great?
- Every night we welcome complete Beginners so you'll never be alone, and every class is suited to a range of different experience levels.
- It's social and easy to pick up, so the learning is FUN!
- There is no need to bring a partner, so you get to meet, interact and socialise with everyone else in the room.
- Our syllabus is designed so that missing a week will not set you back, so those with busy lifestyles or other commitments can learn and not feel left behind.
- Our syllabus, devised by our very own Dance Education Specialist, will help you develop a range of different skills, applicable to all partner and solo dance styles, reflecting the requirements detailed in the Dance National Curriculum.
- We are affiliated members of the IDJTA (International DanceSport Judges and Trainers Association) who oversee the quality of our syllabus and manage the high standard of our teacher training, so you are guaranteed the best dance nights on offer.
Ceroc is all Heart!
Forget tutus and spandex, Ceroc can get you fit, develop your dance ability and be great fun.
The British Heart Foundation agrees that a dance like Ceroc is a great way to stay in shape and can also help your heart. The aerobic effects of dance is great for overall fitness whilst the gentle impact of the turns and steps can actually help to protect against bone diseases, such as osteoporosis. Dancing energetically can also help to make you FEEL great too. Both exercise and music are mood enhancers, stress relievers and help promote a healthy and vibrant mind.
It’s not just all fun…you learn stuff too
The educational benefits you will experience are too many to mention!
Refined motor skills, improved co-ordination, balance, posture, rhythm and spatial awareness.
Increased aerobic capacity, strength, flexibility, mobility, stamina and muscle memory.
- PROBLEM SOLVING:
Make physical corrections and improvements through a series of hands-on adjustments, verbal/visual cues and guided self-appraisal.
Artistic expression, sequence choreography and improvisation, dynamic variation and musical interpretation, appreciation and appraisal.
- TEAM/PARTNER WORK:
Non-verbal communication, call and response, safety and sensitivity, contact work, social development.
All that contained in a varied and differentiated syllabus suitable for all educational, behavioural and physical needs.
Ceroc has developed over time with the changing demands of the National Dance Curriculum. Our syllabus has been devised by a Dance Education Specialist, built to develop a wide range of techniques and practices for anybody who is studying Dance GCSE or A-Level, or those who wish to pursue a career in the field of dance.
Ceroc has developed its own unique and versatile style; the skills you acquire are transferable to other partner dance styles (Jive, Salsa, West Coast Swing, Tango, Ballroom, Latin), solo dance styles (Jazz, Ballet, Musical Theatre, Street) and National Curriculum specifications (all Contemporary disciplines, Choreography, Expression and Dance Appreciation)